Nowadays people tend to neglect the factors that are known to have a bad influence on our health, excessive weight being one of these factors and leading to severe health problems, such as diabetes type 2. Victoza medication has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a medicine that is capable to minimize the risks of having a heart attack, stroke and other events associated with cardiovascular diseases. Liraglutide (Victoza being its brand name) is not unlike the natural hormone produced by a human body to control blood sugar levels.
Trials, on which the FDA’s approval was based, have demonstrated that the levels of A1C in the patients’ blood can be lowered due to Victoza administration. Clinical tests have also revealed another very important effect of Victoza: diabetes is often associated with various cardiovascular problems and Victoza helps to minimize the risks of patients having a stroke, heart attack or cardiovascular death.
Victoza is sold in prefilled pens for injections. People wishing to buy Victoza should be aware that this medication is only indicated for type 2 diabetes in adults and it is not intended to treat type 1 diabetes. Victoza cannot replace insulin and should, therefore, not be taken instead of it.
Victoza administration can also help people lose weight, alongside with its primary function of controlling blood sugar levels. The patients taking Victoza should stick to a low-calorie diet and exercise regularly in order to feel the benefits of the medication.
If you suffer from type 2 diabetes, you can consult your doctor and buy Victoza with a prescription. As this medication does not substitute insulin, it is recommended that you discuss all the details of the treatment with your doctor and follow all of their instructions without altering the dosage on your own. Some medical sources state that Victoza medication should not be taken together with insulin, while others affirm that there is no clear data on whether or not these can be combined, so it is safer to consult a specialist before taking the decision to buy Victoza.
If you were recommended to take this medication, you can easily buy Victoza online as there is a big number of online pharmacies that offer Victoza for sale with and without a prescription. Some websites where you can buy Victoza online provide a doctor’s consultation during which a specialist will assess whether you are eligible to take Victoza. Many online pharmacies do not offer detailed information on this drug and display only general data on this medication and attract customers with the info on where to buy Victoza cheap. However, such websites can be misleading as Victoza cost is pretty high, especially taking into account that this medication should be taken daily and a cheaper generic version of this drug simply does not exist.
So if you are wondering – is Victoza expensive? – take a look at this information:
In the UK Victoza cost is around £78 – £88 for 2×3 ml pens.
The majority of U.S. pharmacies accept Drugs.com discount cards, which allow you to buy Victoza at around $570 for 6 ml supply (2×3 ml). Patients can also benefit from savings cards, trial offers, coupons or free samples from the manufacturer.
The answer to the question – how much is Liraglutide? – can be a comforting one for some categories of patients, though. Uninsured people or people with low income can also benefit from various Patient Assistant Programs that are financially supported by pharmaceutical companies and offer medicine for free or at discounted prices. Criteria of eligibility vary depending on the program.
If you have decided to buy Victoza, whether online or at your local pharmacy, it is important to know all the information on the correct Victoza administration and the side effects that this medication can cause:
- The use of Victoza should be combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Victoza does not replace insulin and it is not clear whether it can or cannot be combined with it.
- The medication is intended for use in adults only.
- Prior to using Victoza inform your doctor if you have ever had any problems with your stomach, kidneys, pancreas or liver.
- Do not take Victoza if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are currently taking any other medications (including vitamins and any supplements), inform your doctor about it.
- There is a possibility that Liraglutide (Victoza) causes thyroid tumors and, possibly, cancer. If you experience trouble swallowing, feel a lump in your throat or neck, have trouble breathing, or any other unpleasant symptoms of this nature, let your doctor know about it as soon as you can. Studies undertaken on mice and rats have shown that Victoza and similar drugs caused thyroid tumors and cancer in these animals. Although it is not known for sure if the medication can have the same effect in people, the possibility still exists.
Victoza side effects also include:
- Pancreatitis – stop taking the medication and inform your doctor if you experience persistent stomach ache or vomit.
- Low level of blood sugar which is characterized by dizziness, mood changes, anxiety, mood swings, sweating, headache, weakness or problems with vision.
- In people who have kidney problems, Victoza can cause diarrhea and vomiting, which, consequently can aggravate kidney problems.
- Liraglutide (Victoza) can also be the cause of severe allergic reactions, so if you feel your face, tongue, throat or lips swelling, itching, or have problems with breathing, stop taking the medication and seek medical help without hesitation.
- It is also known that Victoza caused gallbladder problems in some people who took the medication, so if you start experiencing stomach ache, fever or vomiting, address your doctor immediately. Another symptom of gallbladder problems might be the yellowing of some parts of your skin or of the white of your eyes, so in case any of these occur, do not neglect these symptoms and address a specialist for help.
As any other treatment, Victoza administration should be supervised by a qualified specialist. Do not take this medication without consulting a doctor first.